Saturday, December 11, 2010

Race

In class while looking at the different hate groups in America, I was shocked. I didn't know people still had that much hate for different races today. It's really sad how people are so ignorant and close-minded to different people and their cultures. When thinking about it, I don't think I've experienced any explicit racism such as these hate groups. I have heard many people use derogatory terms against different races, but then again who hasn't? Which that in itself is sad. I found it interesting that someone's race could change if traveling to a different country. Race isn't a biological trait, it's more of a perception and based off of social construction. It was surprising to hear the names people in other countries have for our "white and black". It made sense in a way because their classifications are more specific. If people were more open-minded there would be barely any racism or exercised hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment