Thursday, January 6, 2011

Final

By me wanting to own a non-profit organization is considered deviant considering a lot of people my age probably wouldn't choose that as their career. People challenge the idea and mention how difficult it would be, but I am determined to do it. I really want to serve in many different countries helping varying problems. Sociology has affected the way I think while observing others, to not make judgements, to notice how we are taught to think and how we are socialized, and to omit racial comments or jokes. I've also learned the differences in cultures, and how America is so different yet we think we're so normal. I've noticed how much Sociology comes into play in the real world and how active it is. The way people act and interact is interesting. We have completely been taught to think a certain way because of society and the media has a huge subconscious impact on us. I've also noticed how people make automatic generalizations about people and their cultures. From taking Sociology, I've noticed how prevalent all of the things we talk about are. I have become a more sociological mindful person. 

1 comment:

  1. Sociogly calss has taugh me many things also. I sterotype less often and view people in a diffrent way.

    ReplyDelete